"How often does Max get it right?" you might be asking yourself. In 2016 and 2018 my system selected the Melbourne Cup Quinella in these two years. In 2017 my system selected selected the 2nd placed horse. Overall my system has worked for 26 out of the last 31 years.
But don't take my word for it. Click on the picture below and meet Howard Mitchell from Victoria. He drew Cross Counter (the 2018 Melbourne Cup winner) in our $1000 first prize in our 2018 Sweep.
For further confirmation John Jones gave me approval to share his 'thank you' email with you.
"Thank Max you for your excellent service. I subscribed to your 2018 Melbourne Cup eBook and also your Trifecta eBook for the first time this year. I read everything. I was then so lucky to find out that I drew 2 horses in the Sweep. I am never lucky in these things so it was such a pleasant surprise."
"After reading everything you provided I decided to follow one of your ideas (or it might have been one of your followers) and take your 6 selections to run 1st and 2nd into the field for the trifecta. I did the same with the first four. I took your 6 selections to run 1st and 2nd and then the field into the field. I only put $50 as Flexi bets on each but won handsomely. In the past I have rarely won on the Cup. I can't wait for the Cup next year and your selections. Even if I subscribed to your service for the next 50 years and never got another collect I would still be way in front. Thank you ever so much for all your efforts and hard work."
John Jones, Lisarow, Central Coast NSW
If you are a ‘regular’ buyer of my annual Melbourne Cup eBook I probably do not need to explain anything to you.
If you are visiting this site for the first time. I will explain, in point format, what we do to help you have a successful Melbourne Cup.
1. Each year, instead of you being presented with the task of choosing your selection to win the Melbourne Cup from a full field of 24 horses, I endeavor to reduce field down to 6 horses. I do this by studying (all year round) all races and horses around the world that may be connected with the current Melbourne Cup. I am only seriously interested in one race each year - The Melbourne Cup. I am not a professional tipster. But I do have a very good success rate. See Facebook page. My system has worked for 26 out of the last 31 years.
2. I recommend you have a small each way bet on the 6 horses and suggest if you do that you should be able to say “I backed the winner of the Melbourne Cup.” That is the main goal I set out to achieve each year.
3. After our huge Quinella success again in 2018 my system has now been successful for 26 out of the last 31 years.
4. From the chosen 6 horses I select one as my winner. I have been correct 15 times out of 31 with this selection.
5. But it’s the Doubles, Trifectas and First Four betting that has been very successful over the years for many of the buyers of my annual eBook. (See testimonials below)
6. To receive my selected six horses and additional information at 8.00am on Melbourne Cup Day, you need place an order now for “How To Pick The Winner Of The 2019 Melbourne Cup.” (Your investment is only $10.95). You will receive this eBook on the 23th of October 2019....soon after the running of the Caulfield Cup. (The 2019 Melbourne Cup is on Tuesday the 5th of November).
7. Added bonus: When you order your copy of “How To Pick The Winner Of The 2019 Melbourne Cup” you will automatically receive a FREE entry into our Melbourne Cup Sweep.
1st place horse: $1000; 2nd placed horse; $500; 3rd placed horse $100; last placed horse $50. (See videos of 2017 winner below). Note: You are not guaranteed a horse... as there are only 24 horses in the race.
8. If you would like to know more about the guidelines I use in order to break down the field from 24 horses to 6 horses you can download Max’s 2019 System for FREE from this site immediately. It shares the research I do in the 400 hours I spend in each year in my attempt to find the winner for us all. All you need do is click on the 'red burst' on the top left hand side of this page. Follow this and you may save yourself the $9.95 investment.
9. Can I suggest you follow me on Facebook at: MelbourneCupMax. There you will see and read about various ‘lead up’ Melbourne Cup races that I am always checking out. Eg. In the 2018 Sydney Cup, in April, I noted that I would be ‘watching’ several potential Melbourne Cup horse. I also said and I thought WhoShotTheBarman was a great each way bet…. and WhoShotTheBarnman won at odds of $18.00. Click here.
10. Trifectas: If you are interested in Trifecta betting and systems that have been successful at Melbourne Cup time, you might like to know I have prepared an eBook to specifically look at Trifecta betting for the 2019 Melbourne Cup. In it you will find thoughts, ideas and systems to improve your chances with Trifecta betting on the Cup. Eg. Brett wrote "Max...I boxed your selections with the international horses who you said had questions marks over them because they had not had a run in Australia prior to the 2017 Melbourne Cup. Rekindling was one of those horses. My payout was $543.00. Thanks Max." Click on Trifecta Thoughts for the 2019 Melbourne Cup and immediately download your copy. Your investment is just $6.95.
Below are comments from some of our annual subscribers from all around Australia and the world
James from Victoria Point QLD wrote: "Hi Max. Just wanted to give a big shout out and say thank you for your booklets including the extra booklet on Trifectas. Following the system, I placed a box trifecta on the international horses that, as per Trifecta Thoughts, had won races overseas. This resulted in me getting the first three places of the Cup and I pocketed $1100. Nearly had the first four as well based on that info. Thank again again Max."
Norm from Mandurah Western Australis wrote: "Thanks for your tips Max. Cross Counter and Marmelo WOW! I am not a punter but love to have a bet on the Cup and obviously pick the winner. I boxed 4 of your horses in a Quinella and it paid $74.60 and I finished $53.00 in front on the race. Had some fun a got the bragging rights. Kind regards."
Mike Borowiec from Perth wrote: "Hi Max. Melbourne Cup 2018. The stormy weather and the reports of flooding at the track in the lead up to the race had me worried about the horses. But true to form, your Melbourne Cup information on the morning of the race with all these factors included sees me standing here, once again, with another fistful of winning tickets! Not only did I cover the costs of my steak sandwich and pint for lunch, but my girlfriend will be getting flowers and a bottle of champagne tonight as well, cheers mate!!"
Glen Speck, Mustang, Oklahoma. USA wrote: "Hi Max. As an American, many people think it strange that I bet on the Australian Gallops online. I placed my first Australian bet in 2004, although I have been handicapping horses and playing the races since 1983. I signed up for Max Hitchins' Pick The Cup Winner in 2004 to aid me in handicapping that year's Melbourne Cup. It's a common belief in the U.S.A. that mares are about 20% inferior to male horses, so I thought Max was quite mad to pick a mare to win the Cup - Makybe Diiva. Max showed me the error of my ways. I have signed up for Max's Pick The Cup Winner every year since. His picks have been both phenomenal and profitable, this year, picking the Quinella of Cross Counter and Marmelo, being no exception. Long live Max Hitchins!"
Paul from North Sydney wrote: "G’day Max....I just wanted to let you know that this year I didn’t have time to read the papers, not that it would have made a difference. I simply used your top 3 picks (risky I know) and backed Marmelo and Cross Counter with the field in a Boxed Flexi trifecta (37.87% dividend). My $50 investment returned $960. This has made up for my Melbourne Cup losses over the last few years and it gives me a bit of a budget for next year. See you next year."
Brendan from Kembla Grange wrote: "Max...You are a dead-set genius...The Quinella....AGAIN!!!! Well done mate."
Peter Staines from Norlane in Geelong wrote: "I get various emails from overseas...mainly UK “promoters” telling me for 30 quid I can “GET ON BOARD” This guy or that guy who deliver 25% strike rates at ROI of 15% each year or similar...blah, blah, blah... I sent him an email telling him to politely shove it. Hope you don’t mind but I told him about you and in a few words said if only you guys put in as much as what “MAXY” does into your chosen field of hobby-betting, the world would be off."
For the record...I spent about $30—$40 on the race...Told my missus I paid you $10.00 for the privilege of getting your selections...She says...”Just get tips of the sky-racing web-site...why pay some-one?”
I said...'’Cause any-one who spends this much time into getting his tips right each year and who delivers
results like MAX does, to me, is a genuine bona-fide expert and with a bit of common-sense and with a roughy thrown in, we can do ok for ourselves...”
Mike Chin from Kuching (Cat-City), Capital of Sarawak, Malaysia wrote: "Max... thank u very much for your great selection. I got the winner and the forecast as well. Great race and fantastic pick with good value. Bravo and well done. You r the best."
Don Saunders from Robwiang Muang Chang Rai Thailand wrote: "Max the MAGIC MAN!! Well done old mate, especially from wide barrier and outside of the favourites. My little box 3 Quin paid in excess of $100 for a unit, nice and tidy. Also backed your toppy EW. THANKS MAX, Till next year, cheers."
Joe Hamsen from Port Moresby wrote: "When I read your note yesterday morning about leaving the top three favourites out of your selections, I was relieved of my mind, as there were uncertainties and question marks about them winning the MC given its a stayers race, and the winner must have stamina and acceleration to win it. That gave me confidence and I took your top three selections and used them for my Quinella and Exacta bets at our local TAB betting shop here in Port Moresby....the rest is history now!.... "
Daryl Bommer from Orange - California wrote: THANK YOU MAX. I invested $40 with a profit of $800 at NZ TAB. Not bad for a guy in California.
Alastair Binns from Evandale - Tasmania wrote: Hi Max. Congratulations on picking the cup winner once again and your top pick going so very close to winning, well done. I like to study the form for the cup and pick a few horses I think have a good chance at winning, I then wait in anticipation to check your picks Tuesday morning and make my final decision on my which horses i will have a punt on. Thanks for another year of great information and insight into the the great race The Melbourne Cup."
Mike Schoettler from Kogarah - Sydney wrote: "You did it again. I followed your pick with Almandin to win and my bride took Heartbreak City for the place. So we both are cashing in again. I don’t know how you do it but your results are unbelievable!
Anyone who doesn’t follow your picks is just not paying attention.
I can’t wait till 2018. All the best. Mike.
Dennis Kelly from Grafton NSW wrote:
"G’day Max Heartiest congratulations on the wonderful result you achieved in the Cup yesterday. Mr Melbourne Cup indeed – a title well earned over many years!!! You have certainly earned your position as part of Melbourne Cup folklore!"
"A nice result dutching the 6 (200% profit) and also had the quinella. Once again you proved the old adage – you get out what you put in. Your year round study as detailed in the book has again borne fruit. As we had been to Ireland on two occasions, I had a real soft spot for Heartbreak City – so so close and a great gutsy run. Thank you. Dennis K."